Friday, June 22, 2007

Yay for South Beach!

Okay, so today is day 7 of phase 1 for the South Beach Diet for me. I have tried this diet a few other times :( with no success. Well, I thought that I would wait and try it when I got out of school for numerous reasons and lo and behold if I have not been able to do much better. Phase one is quite strict and I think that is why I never did so well on it before. I never had enough time to plan it out and stick to it because of school....and now that I had some extra time to get used to it and try different things out, I have been able to do much better. It was hard for me the first couple of days to resist the things that are a big no-no, but, it is working out well for me now because I don't even want them..most of the time. The point of phase one is not to totally kill you, lol, but to help you get rid of the cravings that you have for the bad fats and bad carbs. I always thought before that this diet was just like Atkins (it soooo is NOT)...it is NOT just a low carb diet. It is much better than that! Anyway, I am so proud that I have lost 7 pounds in the last week on this diet. I am going to start working out today in hopes that it will increase the amount of weight that I lose over the next seven days. You are only supposed to stay in phase one for 2 weeks, but if you so choose you may stay in a little longer. I can not speak for how i will feel one week from now, but if I feel as good as I do today about it, I will stay in another week!!

No comments: