Friday, June 23, 2006

Favorite Friend Friday

Favorite Friend for Friday: Allie Trantham

Let me just tell you a little bit about my favorite friend this week. She is awesome. She is special. She is precious. She is sweet. She is kind. She is funny. She is caring. She is smart. She is respectful. She is a great friend to me. She is also my wonderful daughter.

Allie is coming right up on being five years old. Yes, friends, my friend for this week is a four year old little girl....but she is not just any ordinary four year old. She is my most favorite four year old ever.

Allie has been away most of the week at my parent's house in Georgia. I took Allie down to their house on Monday afternoon so that she could attend Vacation Bible School with my mom and dad. Well, last year when she went to stay with them for VBS she came home on Wednesday because she was homesick. Well, I kept waiting and waiting on a call and never did get one. Finally my mom called me on Thursday while I was working and told me that she would be bringing her home on Friday morning as she went to Asheville for a dr appointment. I was so excited that I was going to get to see my Allie earlier than Friday evening at Commencement. I could hear Allie in the background but I could not talk with her or we just knew that would set her off to thinking about home...so I quickly let my mom get off of the phone. Well, last night when I got home from our softball game, my phone rang and it was a call coming from my mom and dad's house...and it was about 10:30. Uh-oh...well, when I went to answer it I heard my mom's voice on the other end. Yay...but then she also went on to tell me that Allie was very tired and getting a bit homesick...but, Allie was bound and determined to stay. I would have gone after her right then and there but she wanted to wait and see me on Friday morning when mom was going to bring her. She was trying so hard to be a "big girl" and stay all week...and she has done it folks! Here it is Friday morning and she is coming home! I am so proud of her.
One of the things that my mom shared with me was so sweet...it touched my heart deeply. On Tuesday night they were coming home from Bible School and Allie asked my mom, "Nana, do you have a picture of my mom at your house?". Mom replied, "Yes, I have lots of pictures of your mommy at my house. We will find you one when we get home." Allie replied with, "Ok.". Then, mom said that a few minutes later Allie said, "Nana, I don't want a picture of my mommy...I want the real thing." Knowing my daughter..and knowing her expressions and the way she would look and sound when saying this...it just melted my heart. She is so precious. I have missed her like crazy all week long and I just can not wait to wrap my arms around that tiny little girl when she gets here!
Allie is my wonderful little side-kick that I just love so much! She and I do so many fun things together. I am thankful and blessed to have her in my life.

YAY! 3 SHOUTS FOR ALEXANDRIA NOELLE TRANTHAM FOR MAKING IT ALL WEEK! GO ALLIE!

No comments: