Thursday, April 12, 2007

Memory Lane Monday-April 9th

Memory Lane Monday
Monday, April 9th, 2007

Just yesterday (Easter) I went down to Georgia to see my family. I always love doing this because I love my family and miss being able to hang out with all of them together, the way that we once did. Well, we also were blessed with a visit from my first cousin, Chad. He came out to my mom and dads and we all just sat around and talked about "old times". Man, there were some things that we talked about yesterday and "remembered" that I never thought that I would remember again! We talked about some of our funny times, scary times, and sad times. It was so much fun being able to reminisce about old times with these people that I love so dearly.
My cousin Chad Sisum and I became very close one summer and we hung out all the time. He admitted to me yesterday that he hung out with me that summer so much because of my best child hood friend, Amy Garmon. She had come up to Hiawassee from Atlanta to pretty much stay the whole entire summer with me. So, she was involved in most of the fun and excitement that we got in to that summer.
Some of the things that we remembered were the time that it was just Chad and I (we could not remember where in the world everyone else was???) but we were staying at my mom and dads and we were watching the movie IT by Stephen King. Well, it was on up in the night/early morning and we decided that we needed a pack of cigarettes. Well, we went through the change stash at my parents house and took enough money over to the Huddle House in Hayesville to buy a pack of cigarettes. We were oh so desperate. I remember that plain as day. That is also the night that I met my future boyfriend, Jon Reinhardt. He was hanging out at the Huddle House that night when we arrived to purchase the cigarettes.
We also thought back to the times that we ran off to the Cliffs in Blairsville. Charlene and I never did jump off the ropes and into the water but for some reason we apparently pressured Robbie into jumping, with floating devices attached to him so that he would not drown. Jeez. The memories that we all hold together...
It is oh so nice to be able to look back on all those times and think about how UNsafe many of the things were. I truly miss so many of the days that we all hung out and got into trouble or did many things that we could have gotten into trouble over...but many of the things that we got in to were not all trouble. We had loads of fun...and I miss those days. I wish that I could go back and relive many of the days and times that we lived through..it was so much fun...and you never really realize all of this until it is over and you are looking back on the memory of the event.

No comments: